Thursday, March 26, 2009

YES Program Returns! March 23rd: 1st day

On the first day I participate in this programme, I didn't recognize all the people here. I just knew Hadi and Huwaida because they introduced themselves to me =). Then I met with two girls who were the participants of the programme too and we started to know each other.



On the first day, we learnt about values and we were asked to think about our future. We did it individually. In this activity, we were asked to cut pictures that were related to our future then stick it to a manila card. We really enjoyed it. We also learn about the ground rules e.g. confidential, openness, 'i' - statements, non-judgemental and etc. We also practised our skills in solving obstacles. We also learnt and searched about our values.



From this programme, I started to know and realised the values that I had. I learnt the importance of values. I felt excited and enjoyed on the first day because I learnt many things and have new friends =).

Commented by Fizah

Volunteer's corner: Afiq



"This is the first time I volunteered to help the instructors for YES Program and it was a wonderful experience. We were doing Module 1 and there were three new participants with different ideas and feelings. We did a lot of activities on the first day and of course,they thought of great ideas during the activities. They were quite nervous and I was sure that they would not come on the second day!"

No comments: